There are a few checks you can do to ensure baby is in the right position in your carrier!
- Monitor airway:
- Baby should be "close enough to kiss" for easy monitoring
- Chin should be kept off their chest
- Ensure nose and mouth are not obstructed so they can breathe fresh air freely
- Support baby's body:
- Tighten shoulder straps to support spine (slight natural curve for smaller babies, more upright for larger infants and toddlers)
- Ensure baby is supported from knee to knee, with thighs parallel to ground or higher, and full range of movement at knee (baby's weight fully on their bottom)
- Ensure torso panel comes up to around armpit to top of shoulder level on baby
- Make sure you are BOTH comfortable!:
- You know yourself and your baby best! It is important to make sure that you are both comfortable and safe.
- Here a few key areas you can check to ensure your comfort:
- Lower & upper back
If you would like a complimentary, personalized fit check from a LÍLLÉbaby expert, please email us at CustomerService@LILLEbaby.com!